Saturday, January 14, 2012

Renewed commitment - It is a moral imperative to share learning

Wow did this one hit me. I had an amazing conversation with two educators for Penticton this afternoon - Myron Dueck and Todd Manuel. It was just a sharing time. We talked about education and supporting technology use. I remember some of my best ProD being this type of personal conversations.

We were passionate about a topic and kept at it for an hour non stop. We all had so much to offer the conversation. Surrey is integrating iPads in a big way so I was able to offer some thoughts, but the conversation stretched into so much more. Even having to articulate answers to questions pushed me to think deeper about how I support technology integration.

A quote from today was that "It is a moral imperative to share learning." A critical component to sharing is being 'available' to know your ideas for sharing. Thanks to James Gill from SD43 for being the connector and broadening my PLN.

No comments: