Monday, April 28, 2008

Can you keep up? Do you need to?

Again, I was leaving a workshop in a state of awe and with brain overload.  There are so many things to actually know to be 'well-read' or knowledgeable with ICT.  I do believe I am information and media literate, but I  have so much more to learn.  I believe it was stated today that there are over 7000 Web2.0 applications currently available.

There is no way I can even imagine to see all of those tools.  I know many tools, but not as well as I want.  Being literate in terms of Web2.0 likely means that you have found the tools that you need and you can use the ones you need.  While I don't know all the tools, I don't have any needs that aren't being met.  

The ironic part of saying that is I also don't know what I don't know.  I will continue to keep my ears and eyes open to new opportunities, but I don't need to learn every tool that is available.  A favourite site for finding out more about Web2.0 applications is http://www.go2web20.net/

One of the last conversations of the day related to how overwhelming all of this can really be.  The best part was that there is a site that gives you 23 things to try and explore to move into the Web2.0 world.  Check this out http://schoollibrarylearning2.blogspot.com/2007/02/23-things_27.html

Exhausted and Excited - Kevin

No comments: