Sunday, April 20, 2008

TLITE - April 19, 2008

I was privileged to attend part of SFU Surrey's TLITE event on April 19, 2008.  Alan November was the Keynote speaker.  I have heard Alan a number of times and the themes continue to be similar.  The two biggest themes are students having authentic experiences and students owning their learning.

While hearing his presentation, I was able to interact with my own wiki and make updates.  It is heartening to know that we are making progress in Surrey.  Many of the examples that Alan was using could have been examples from pockets of users in Surrey.  We do have a long way to go and 70 of our teachers were in attendance.

I had to work with my Masters class as well so I missed the gallery walk and final demonstrations of learning but heard great stories about their success.

I look forward to when all of the examples could be from several Surrey schools ....

No comments: