Tuesday, May 13, 2008

McGraw-Hill Ryerson & SFU Teaching, Learning, and Technology

Pre-Conference Session: Extending your Class to the Internet

http://extendingclass.wetpaint.com/

The above wiki was created to share the presentation during the conference.  I like how they configured separate pages for each topic.

I have to admit, I was a bit of a sprite.  I went into the wiki while we were discussing and added the class summary from the discussions.  This use was similar to Google docs.  I think that if more of us were thinking the same way then Google Doc would have been the better solution, but this way I was able to add directly to the document.  A huge advantage to keeping it in a wiki is the readable URL.  


This was a good foundational session.  I was most impressed with the Second Life demonstration.  I have tried several times to explore Second Life but I think I need some F2F time to get the real feel of it.


It was good to know the room was filled with Post-Secondary educators interested in meeting the needs of students and using online tools.


Kevin


No comments: